When eating processed foods, that are packed in a variety of ways, learning to analyze and read food labels is extremely important for your health. The average person must become a food detective. You are on a special mission to search for hazardous ingredients that are found to be harmful towards your goal of living a long and fruitful life. Many processed foods contain inhibitors for our health.
In Part 1 of this list, I have put together a limited list of problematic ingredients that you should watch for when eating at your favorite restaurant or shopping at the local supermarket. (Part 2 will be a separate blog).
Aspartame (read the book "Skinny Bitch")
Aspartame is a type of artificial sweetener that is marketed under names like NutraSweet or Equal. This substance needs to be avoided. Look at the following evidence:
1. Dr. Russell Blaylock, M.D., strongly believes Aspartame is an excitotoxin.
2. Dr. H.J. Roberts who is listed in "The Best Doctors in the U.S., states that Aspartame is the last component in wood alcohol which is considered a harmful poison.
3. The Aspartame Consumer Safety Network states, "when ingested methanol breaks down into formaldehyde, which is a known carcinogen."
4. Did you know Aspartame is 200 times sweeter than sugar? This ingredient has fewer calories, which is why it is gobbled up by weight conscious people. Unfortunately, research shows that this supplement causes weight gain and not weight loss.
5. The Technology Review magazine published an article stating Aspartame stimulates the appetite. Researchers believe that any kind of sweet taste signals the body cells to store carbohydrates and fats, which tend to cause the body to crave more food and gain weight.
6. The list of symptoms caused by Aspartame is vast, consisting of pain including migraine headaches, joint pain, eye problems, memory loss, depression, hyperactivity, and a variety of other symptoms.
Splenda (it's not splendid)
Splenda is a Johnson & Johnson brand for Sucralose.
1. The J&J Marketing Campaign says it is made from sugar and tastes like sugar-however it is a chemically created product that uses substances such as chlorine and phosgene, which has been categorized as a poisonous gas.
2. The Center of Disease Control, in Atlanta, Georgia, has described one of the ingredients in Splenda as a major chemical used to manufacture plastics and deadly pesticides.
3. Splenda is 600 times sweeter than sugar.
4. Research in animals with Splenda provides us with numerous concerns including: shrunken thymus glands (diminished immunity), enlarged liver and/or kidneys, slow growth rate, increase in spontaneous abortions, shrunken ovaries, and calcified kidneys.
It is possible to wash away or detoxify these harmful ingredients with colon hydrotherapy and proper eating habits. The best thing to do, of course, is not use these products at all, or ask when eating out if the restaurant uses these "flavorings." We recommend pink "sun-dried" sea salt and courmet Italian Vinegar as well as pure Morrocan Olive Oil for flavor.
Talya Meldy offers nutritional counseling. Please feel free to call her at 310-391-2017. You may email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. We take this opportunity to invite you to visit our website at http://www.clearwayhealth.com/.